Saturday, June 15, 2013

JOHN PAUL






I recently did a shoot with a friend of mine. You might have heard of him, John Paul?
Anyways, he's probably the coolest person I know. 
Within minutes of hanging out with him I knew this would go places.. ha ha
mainly that we would hangout, be friends, laugh, the good stuff.

Early Saturday morning, June 8th, I got a text from John. I was stoked to being doing a shoot.
I haven't really done one with just me in a while. I am shooting models all the time, it feels abnormal to get shot.
He picks me up around 10:30am and we drive to his awkward location of a studio. We walk in through the front door into a room that looks like bubble gum and taffy. The walls were painted pink and blue by the previous occupant, who is a member of Muscle Hawk. It is a little unnerving for me as I am an all white kind of gal. 
We talk for a while and catch up then pull out his num chucks and do a few moves. Clearly this kid liked Mortal Kombat, which is cool, because I am into that too(having five brothers). 

Then here comes the cool part. He asks me to stand in a spot in the studio surrounded with lights. I felt like a bug under a microscope being burned to death. Haha.. Once John started to shoot, I had never seen anything like it. Quiet, tooooo quiet.... then moving lights like a magician. It was quite the experience. It reminded me of someone molding clay. It was as though he was molding me with light. I loved it!!!

Here are a few shots he decided to share with me. Enjoy

<3









1 comment:

  1. Love love love!!! You look fab! Your hair is AMAZING...I need to play with it...

    ReplyDelete